|Ilustração by Melissa Chaib|
Lá pelas dez e meia, já rodados uns 200km, paramos para comer e esticar as pernas e foi quando no meio da conversa soltei a pérola:
- Ah, você pegou a garrafa de água mineral ao lado da mala do Max?
- Que garrafa? Não tinha nada lá no corredor.
- No corredor? Mas a mala do Max estava no quarto dele, em cima do armário negro.
- Van, qual era a mala do Max?
- M...!!! Esquecemos a mala do Max!!!!!
Então a dúvida cruel - seguimos viagem que faltam 3 horas ou voltamos pra casa para pegar a mala com roupas para 15 dias, mamadeira, interfone, fraldas, e uma longa lista de etceteras..... Decidimos voltar, chegamos em casa à uma e meia da madrugada e dormimos. Ainda bem que o Rémi tem um excelente sentido de humor, porque viver com uma cabeça de vento como eu pode ser bem chato. Até eu não me aguento de vez em quando!
Yesterday we left for our holidays in France and... returned! I was super proud of myself because for the first time since i'm a mom i was able to leave the house completely clean, water the plants, pack a day in advance for Max and myself, 'enfin', everything was perfect! We left the house at around nine at night so our little man could sleep in the car until our final destination in France (a five and a half hour drive).
At ten thirty after driving for 200km we decided to stop and grab something to eat when...
- So, did you take the water bottle right next to Max's bag?
- No. There was no water bottle in the hall.
- In the hall? But Max's bag was in his room, on the black chest.
- Vane which one was Max's bag?
- S...! We've forgotten his bag!
Ten minutes of panic followed this dialogue. Should we continue the trip (three hours to go) or should we return home and get his bag with all his clothes, milk bottles, diapers and a long list of etceteras... After considering all the pros and cons, we decided to return home and get it. We got home at around one thirty in the morning and slept. I'm so lucky to have such a patient partner next to me, with a great sense of humour because many times not even myself can stand me being so 'tête en l'air'!